Hungarian philosopher Gáspár Tamás Miklós
on Viktor Orbán’s speech
1. He is building an illiberal state. This is demonstrated by his rewriting of the constitution and by his ending of the separation of powers. He joked about this saying that if there were any attempt to impeach or obstruct him that would mean he wasn’t the leader of the country. In other words he knows what the game is, as do I.
2. His stated his doubts about democracy
3. He announced that the concept of human rights is out of date. That human rights are finished
4. He declared the country must abandon any notion of social support (or welfare state)
5. He declared that his preferred state models were Singapore, Russia, Turkey and China.
6. He declared that all NGOs working in the cultural or social sphere were foreign agents, traitors paid by alien powers